Production Operator (Plastics)
Construction | Saskatoon, SK
Responsible to the Team Leader for blending, operating shuttles, and producing quality molded products.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous related work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- In operating a fork-lift and crane equipment is an asset
Special Skills and Abilities:
- Quality focused and safety conscious
- Must have mechanical ability and be capable of working with close tolerance specifications
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to read and understand schematic/part drawings and applicable documentation
- Ability to use various pneumatic and electrically powered hand tools
- Ability to do heavy lifting
Description of Duties:
- Operates shuttles in accordance to established procedures, practices and standards.
- Weighs resin, pigment and anti-stat according to recipe.
- Blends weighed materials to a specified consistency.
- Maintains a clean and organized shuttle, blending and premix resin bin area.
- Loads molds and fastens lids ensuring proper venting and sealing of flanges.
- Demolds products ensuring a high standard of quality and care for the molds.
- Conducts visual checks of molded products and informs the Lead Hand or Team Leader of substandard products.
- Assists with cleaning or lubricating equipment according to the preventative maintenance program (PMP) requirements.
- Operates material handling equipment, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, cranes as required.
- Supports the company OH&S standards and policies and assists with identifying and implementing corrective actions to resolve OH&S issues… ensure work is completed safely while ensuring the safety of others.
- Supports the company Quality Management System and assists with identifying and implementing corrective actions to resolve quality related issues.
- Participates in cleaning, organizing and maintaining the work area.
- Cooperates with interdepartmental cross training and related initiatives.
- Assists with other job duties as assigned.
Interrelationships - Internal:
All Production Personnel
Production Support Personnel
Conditions of Work:
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week, Shift work
Physical Effort: Moderate
Environment: Exposure to dust, odors, excessive noise, chemicals and high voltage power.