Restaurant/Pub General Manager
Hospitality | Hamilton
DMA Global is facilitating for one of our
Who is URG? Unique Restaurant Group
We are a group of local neighbourhood pubs throughout Hamilton and Burlington. We believe in great food and outstanding service.
You will find that we are pretty straightforward in our operational style. We believe in providing as much training and support as possible, treating you fairly and honestly, and giving you every opportunity to thrive and grow in your time with us.
We are very proud of our pubs and our employees, and we hope that as you get to know us, and as we move forward in making URG the best place to work, dine, and be sociable, we hope you too share in that pride with us!
The General manager, is accountable for the operations of the restaurant. knowing all the regulars’ names and local business’ around their restaurant, attending local BIA meetings and creating marketing strategies. They will be the ‘publican’ of the pub becoming a big part of the neighbourhood, ensuring we have fresh product on hand and service is always above guest expectations.
They oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, customer service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
The manager plays a crucial role in our philosophy of ‘Taking care of our employees, to allow them to take care of our guests’
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pub is opened/closed on time and ready for business as per the set operating hours.
- Abide by all AGCO regulations of pouring & serving alcohol.
- Ensure the restaurant is complying with employment standards, human rights, health and safety, pest control, alcohol handling and WHMIS.
- Consistency – Service, Food & Atmosphere, all three are extremely important and must be consistently kept to standards to guarantee return of guests.
- All products are consistently prepared and served according to the pubs recipes, portioning, cooking and plating standards.
- Ensure inventory of all products with a ‘never 86’ attitude
- Ensure guest satisfaction. All guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Respond to complaints and take any and all appropriate action to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Daily reconciliation of sales and cash. Control cash and other receipts by following cash handling procedures
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure inventory is added into ‘Free Pour’ software daily
- Keep constant communication between yourself, and your team. (KM, Managers & staff) Daily updates with information to successfully eliminate any communication errors, and to share positive communication (i.e. features, specials, new products, promotions.)
- Work with all staff to perform at their best, providing mentoring and coaching with positive feedback. Nip all ‘issues’ in the bud, talk to staff and explain the ‘why’
- Fill in where needed and or find coverage, General Manager must be able to work all roles to ensure guest experience is not affected in case of a scheduling conflict
- Understand & implement all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Identify and evaluate competitors
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and guests
- Collaborates with owners and other GMs to improve overall URG business
- Arrange for and oversee maintenance repairs
- Community engagement and involvement
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs. Creating a good working environment, with an ‘open door’ policy to all staff
- Ability to work with a variety of personality types.
- Understands when to delegate and follow up
- Must clearly understand menu specifications and cost of sales.
- Must be able to facilitate training, workshops and presentations.
- Understand financial reports such as P&L, Income Statements, annual budgets and other sales reports.
- Comply with all federal, provincial and municipal laws
- Host special events outside the scope of regular business operations
- Hospitality: 1 year (required)
- smart serve (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift