Payments Systems Analyst
Information Technology | Remote
Responsible for working within a team to support payment gateway technologies, e-commerce/cardholder not present and EMV/Card Present certifications. The position requires working closely with merchants, software engineers and partners including acquiring banks, card schemes and labs to ensure all certification requirements have been met for new payment services and devices in market. This will include the certification of mandated changes required by the card associations and external partners for existing devices.
- Developing requirements for all gateway changes/enhancements, working with software engineers to process changes through the software development lifecycle
- Assisting with developing the Certification roadmap
- Validate certification prerequisites including EMVCO, PCI and other organizations.
- Provide estimated timelines as required; Coordinate testing windows with partners for terminal, host to host and any other required testing and certifications.
- Assist with assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing based on platform, message specifications, connectivity, market and features.
- Conduct testing and certification and document test results. Analyze test results with engineers using troubleshooting skills to determine possible failure points.
- Publish test results for internal customers and track metrics to maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
- Assist with managing all internal and third party test tools and create and maintain test plans including vendor-provided test cases.
- Provide critical technical feedback on product specifications, features, EMV payment structure and general industry standards to Product and Business teams.
- Provide support and training to others to help understand payment technologies and troubleshoot possible issues.
- Assist with system fixes, upgrades, testing and change control management procedures
- Update relevant system documents, procedures and compliance policies
- Provide status reports on client issues to management upon request
- Provide out of hours support on a rotating 24x7 basis, as required
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a technical analyst or other related technology/systems functions
- Strong knowledge of the major credit card/debit card networks, ISO 8583 financial message format, EMV 3D-Secure, card processing and industry standards for both Card Present and Card Not Present.
- 2+ years of experience performing hands-on EMV payment testing (Contact and Contactless) using various credit card/chip and pin acceptance devices.
- Experience in QA/QC software testing including identifying required testing, performing analysis, troubleshooting and developing associated test plans.
- Proficient in submitting /inspecting API payloads , troubleshoot
- Able to define /execute back-end software testing, provide testing reports, define data for positive/negative test scenarios
- Experience working within a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and an understanding of how the role of testing fits into this lifecycle.
- Design and implementation of flexible, reusable, and maintainable tests.
- Self-motivated, independent team member with a keen analytical mindset, proficient problem-solving, written and oral communications and organizational skills.
- Team player able to work amicably in a multi-functional team environment and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work non-standard work hours as required to support FAC’s worldwide clients and operations
- Experience working with SQL and databases with large data sets; able to write and execute SQL queries to extract, review data for troubleshooting, QA, data analysis, ad-hoc reporting or presenting data to clients or business units
- Experience with requirements gathering, design and documenting for new or existing business systems, enhancements and changes. Deep business, systems and application knowledge to understand interdependencies between systems and the potential impact of design, change or enhancements.
- Presentation and demonstration skills with strong business acumen