Job location: Calgary, Toronto, or Remote
Overview and Responsibilities:
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize platforms, systems, and services. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- 5+ years’ experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software.
- 5+ years’ experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams
- 1+ year in hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
- 1+ year experience with MERN Stack using MicroServices Architecture.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math or directly related field.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- Mentor and grow super star Dev Teams