Intermediate / Senior Software Developer
Information Technology | Remote - Canada
A fast-growing start-up in the SaaS health sector. Looking to expand our team and bring on a passionate individual who has demonstrated experience in developing scalable web applications using best practices and methodologies. As an Intermediate Software Developer, you will be working in a small team, developing your own components from start to finish.
This is a very hands-on position where the ideal candidate will not only drive the adoption of new architectures, but also work side-by-side with fellow developers to implement our product for new customers and ensure high-quality development practices. He/she must respect product release deadlines and ensure software quality meets the company’s standards. Excellent communication skills are required, as the position requires close collaboration with fellow developers, and Product Manager.
This position reports to the CTO.
- Experience in building and deploying production-ready web-based products.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) combined with experience in PHP and Python for backend development.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases, with a preferable emphasis on MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB / MariaDB is a plus.
- Expertise or interest in leveraging React.js or similar toolsets and frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in AWS cloud development and deployment using containers (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Has a good understanding of best coding practice.
- Bonus - Server management experience using cloud computing, primarily Amazon AWS.
- BS or DEC in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent