Business Analyst / Product Owner
Information Technology | Calgary
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- We are looking for an experienced BA/PO to join our team to support and deliver on various process and technology initiatives. This individual will have experience in application. development and look to evaluate potential software solutions – internal and off-the-shelf – to ensure business requirements are addressed effectively.
- Create and assemble project management deliverables, conduct discovery sessions, gather business requirements, conduct gap analysis, manage changes, decisions, risks, and issues so you can provide timely updates to business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Software Development and IT Infrastructure teams towards the successful design, implementation, and testing of projects.
- Employ the Agile framework in gathering user requirements, developing plans, making business cases, and prioritizing product development in conjunction with key business stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the definition and prioritization of product roadmap items, and determine and analyze ROI for when system requirements are required.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes, conduct or coordinate organizational change management activities and training.
- Candidates for this role must have Product Owner & BA experience.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- The candidate must have the skills and flexibility to move between the BA/PM role.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field is preferred, however, a combination of professional certifications and/or experience will be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Senior BA, and 2 years’ experience as a PO, knowledgeable about OCM concepts, and experienced in Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Proven track record of successful system implementation in the areas of small to mid-size ERP solutions.
- Proficiency in understanding Custom Application Development, IT infrastructure, data reporting and analytics, software integration and third-party software evaluations
- Process documentation and modelling experience
- Proficiency in tools such as Team Foundation Server and SharePoint
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software (e.g. MS Visio, MS Project)
- Exceptional written (technical writing) and verbal communication skills
- Great at establishing and enhancing relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to influence at all levels within an organization
- Business case development skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, effective organizational, time management and planning skills