The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Tester will perform a wide range of software testing: concept and planning, employing various testing methodologies, execution of manual & automated test scripts, and performance monitoring. This position works under the general direction of the SQA Manager and directly supports the development and enhancement of products and processes that provide excellent member service tools and techniques. Responsible for confidential customer information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
2. Create detailed and well-structured test cases and test scenarios.
3. Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities among team members and other staff members involved in functional, user acceptance, and end to end testing
4. Design, develop and execute manual and automation test scripts using various tools
5. Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs using appropriate software.
6. Perform different types of testing including smoke, regression, negative, feature, performance, etc.
7. Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products, processes, and systems
8. Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, analysts, and product managers) to identify system requirements
9. Identify, track, and report on quality assurance metrics
10. Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
(Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent mix of education and/or experience is required
Three to five years work experience in software quality assurance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Ability to create clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools, specifically Selenium and Appium
- Takes responsibility for achieving results
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely and effective mann