Hardware Engineering Manager
Category: Information Technology
Our client is looking for a Hardware Engineering Manager to oversee the design and development of hardware products in the Product Development Department This role is responsible to ensure standards and processes along with engineering best practices are being followed and continually improved upon throughout the design, verification, validation and manufacturing phases. You will be working with and contributing to development teams that have built a successful brand on their innovative products and system and have deployments all around the world.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management for all hardware development.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements.
- Ensure that the products are fully and correctly defined and documented.
- The assignment of Research and Development duties consistent with company goals.
- Management duties for Hardware Development personnel including performance appraisals pay reviews.
- Personnel Development for team members including training and other career development opportunities.
- Recruiting of Hardware Designers in conjunction with the Human Resources Department. This includes the hiring of full-time, part-time, contract and student (co-op) staff for H/W groups.
- Budgeting for Hardware Development groups.
- Budgeting for individual projects.
- Setting up projects to develop required products, including selection of Project Team members.
- Verifying that the Project Teams follow company processes and procedures as well as standard Engineering practice and principles. Auditing of performance and maintenance of records.
- Improvements to company processes and procedures as required to ensure an efficient and quality run department.
- Providing monthly status reports to the Management Team. This includes project status as well as department status.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering.
- 10 years or more in a supervisory role.
- Proven management ability.
- Strong, inter-personal and technical communication and writing skills.
- Team player, team builder.
- The ability to identify and build on distinctive strengths.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Understanding of technical issues as they relate to this industry.
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues and needs.
Drop a Line